Return to Event page.
Head of Internal Audit & Risk Compliance Services,
Position: Partner, Risk Consulting
Education and qualifications
- Fellow of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA)
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Honours), University of Toronto
- Alva has more than 18 years of risk and internal control advisory experience. She is well versed in KPMG’s internal audit,ERM and board advisory methodologies and has considerable experience in carrying out pre-IPO internal control reviews, internal audit outsourcing/ co-sourcing services, internal audit function effectiveness review, corporate governance advisory services, board performance review, high level risk assessment/ ERM and compliance reviews.
- Alva has board advisory responsibilities which includes advising organisationsof all sizes on their board and governance structures, leading corporate governance reviews, conducting board effectiveness reviews and the development and oversight of KPMG’s Director Training Programme.
- Alva has provided various training seminars/workshops on internal, risk management and corporate governance to senior management and board of directors of a number of companies in Hong Kong and China. She therefore has insights familiar with the needs and expectations of key stakeholders of such organisations with respect to corporate governance, risk management and internal audit.