Return to Event page.
PwC Forensic Services
Originally trained as a Hong Kong CPA and specializing in examination and dispute-related work since 1997, Antoinette gained her extensive grounding in fraud and commercial crime examinations during her time working in Hong Kong’s Securities and Futures Commission (SFC) and also in the Independent Commission Against Corruption (ICAC).
Antoinette’s depth of experience means she is well placed to help clients with forensic accounting examinations. She also provides assistance to clients and their legal advisors involved in disputes or potential dispute situations. Antoinette is a member of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants and is a Certified Fraud Examiner. Her major recent investigation related experiences include:
- Retained by a global financial institution to conduct an investigation of misappropriation of clients’ assets by employees in its Taiwanese subsidiary;
- Retained by a global financial institution in Hong Kong to conduct an investigation of an employee’s fraudulent activities involving irregular trading activities and acts of misconduct;
- Retained by a leading US pharmaceutical company to conduct an Foreign Corrupt Practices Act review of suspected bribery payments made to government officials by its foreign subsidiaries in Mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and the Philippines;
- Retained by the Independent Review Committee/Investigation Committee of Hong Kong-listed Chinese companies to investigate allegations of financial statement fraud, asset misappropriation and other irregularities;
- Retained by the Independent Committee of a Canadian-listed Chinese company which had been subject to short-selling attacks to investigate allegations of financial statement manipulation and other irregularities; and
- Engaged by Counsel for the audit committees/special investigation committees of US listed Chinese companies which have been subject to short selling attacks, SEC enquiries and class action law suits to conduct investigation of allegations of revenue and asset manipulation.