Return to Event page.
Director, Cloud Trust, Cyber Security & Digital Risk (part of Digital Trust)
Deb is a Director in the Risk Assurance (Digital Trust) practice in Singapore and he spearheads the Cloud Trust practice in PwC Singapore.
He built up the Cloud Trust Practice from scratch to a 14 person team in the past 1.5 years. He provides consultancy in the areas of hybrid cloud risk, control, security, compliance, DevSecOps, governance and audit.
Prior to joining PwC, he worked for over 20 years in global financial services institutions across Japan, Singapore and India.
He has experience in business as usual roles in operation and technology teams. He leads and delivers front-to-back large scale and cross-divisional transformations globally, platform and process migration and implementation, strategic change management, business restart programmes, business process re-engineering, risk and control management (cybersecurity, operational, outsourcing, data/ information and cloud), regulatory compliance (includes MAS, HKMA, JFSA, APRA, RBI, SEBI, etc.) and governance across financial services institutions.
He is an experienced trainer and have instructed in training and workshop sessions for multiple organisations within and outside of his professional environment.
Summary of Key Project Experience:
- Trusted Cloud Advisor: Led the multi-million global programme for top Sovereign Wealth Fund to strategise cloud stack, run iterative control validation to embed “Secure By Design” and run functional review (architecture, security, DevSecOps and containerisation) of hybrid multi-cloud ecosystem
- Cloud Regulatory Compliance Initiatives: Developed market facing regulatory compliance documentations for multiple leading Cloud Service Providers for APAC region
- Tech Risk Management and Governance: Led the initiative to analyse gaps and assist in enhancing the tech risk posture for a global Native Cloud Re-born software services company
- Cloud Adoption Risk Assessment & Advisory: Led risk assessments, advisory and adoption
support for various cloud adoption (AWS, Azure, SuccessFactor, Coupa, Rackspace) for a British bank
- Governance Framework Development & Management: Developed group-wide Outsourcing Risk Governance Framework (intra group and 3rd parties) and ran the business as usual team of a British bank
- MAS Risk Portfolio Lead: Led the portfolio of programmes for a British bank, worth ₤20 mil annually, focusing on MAS TRM implementation, audit remediation and cybersecurity upgradation
- Regulatory Platform Rollout: Led a global programme to rollout RBI India’s Next Generation RTGS platform and processes for multiple business divisions of a British bank, worth ₤4 million