Return to Event page.
Hoi Wai Khin
Director, Business Consulting,
Wai Khin specialises in information security and business continuity, and has vast overseas and local experience in managing technology risk.
In his current position, Wai Khin has extensive exposure to the management of risk/audit/security programmes to meet legal, human resources, audit, IT, risk management and information security requirements. This involves constant innovation of ideas to implement value-added security programmes to support the client’s organisational objectives and building a robust security framework that goes beyond regulatory compliance.
His global experiences include assisting organisations in audits for IT due diligence, Sarbanes Oxley 404 IT General Computer Control, and IT diagnostics for mergers & acquisitions. Wai Khin has also supported clients in ISO 27001 certification projects, cloud technology, bring your own device (BYOD), as well as compliance with Singapore’s Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) and internal and external IT audit requirements.
Prior to joining the firm, he was an information security officer managing security, business continuity and audit programmes for a global B2B company. His experiences also include working as a data protection officer for a leading semiconductor manufacturer, tasked with protecting highly confidential R&D IP information. Wai Khin also previously provided audit assurances, security and business continuity advisory services at a Big 4 firm.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), (ISC)²
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), ISACA
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC), ISACA
- Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP), DRI International
- Singapore Certified Management Consultant (PSCMC), TUV SUD PSB
- Master of Science Information Security, University of London, Royal Holloway
- Master of Science Software Engineering, University of Essex