Return to Event page.
First Person Consulting, Australia
Matt has over 10 years’ experience in the not-for-profit sector and international education. Matt co-founded the social research and evaluation firm First Person Consulting in early 2015 and has provided research and evaluation services to all types of organisations, including community organisations, large government agencies and international not-for-profits. He is recognised for his adaptable and valued services which support his clients in delivering projects and programmes to improve social and environmental outcomes.
Engaging the community is a key element of many of the projects and programmes that Matt has evaluated and these projects cover a range of content areas including health promotion, mental health, education, financial literacy, sustainability and climate change.
Recent evaluation experience includes:
- Evaluation of the Ride or Walk to School Programme, ACT Health: Focused on increasing rates of active travel (riding or walking) among primary school aged children to school
- You’re the Boss Financial Literacy Programme Evaluation, The Salvation Army: Engaging community members from low socio-economic backgrounds to build their skills in financial literacy
- Evaluation of the Social Innovator’s Challenge, Movember Foundation: Seed funding provided to 12 projects to test different approaches to building social connectedness amongst different groups of men
- Evaluation of the Community Engagement Programme, Victorian Responsible Gambling Foundation: A place-based programme engaging with communities to identify interventions that best meet their need
- Co-Design Learning Project, Australian Red Cross: A co-design programme to design three new services for indigenous and other groups that access Red Cross services
- Design of a Community Education Programme to support the Wildlife Biodiversity Reforms, Office of Environment and Heritage: Consulting a range of community members and stakeholders to inform the design of a new community education programme
Matt is Secretary of the Australasian Evaluation Society (AES) Special Interest Group (SIG) on Human Centered Design and Evaluation. He also presents regularly at the annual AES conference on a range of topics suitable for attendees of all types. Matt is on the convening committee for the 2018 annual conference for the AES.