Highly engaging and insightful. Very experienced trainer with many practical tips
Creating really good content is harder than ever.
Your story isn’t short and snappy? You’ve lost your consumer’s attention.
Your headline isn’t compelling? You’ve wasted 90% of your marketing budget*.
Not writing in context? You wouldn’t resonate with audiences.
Write Sharper, Faster and more Pointed Copies
Join this 2-day practical workshop to acquire effective techniques to create compelling content for social media, websites, blogs, EDMs and press releases. Craft story angles that people want to read and identify content touchpoints that drive the customer journey. Learn how to write attractive headlines, e-mail copies that elicit a response, and effective press releases fast. Pick up best practices for writing engaging posts on Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Engaging Customers in the Digital Age
Mapping customer journey & content touchpoints
Get your Press Release in the News
Generating press releases in a shorter time
The Psychology of Social Media
Why do we post, share, like and comment?
Make your Website and Blog Stand Out
Marrying SEO and content marketing
Feed the Content Monster
Brainstorming for the right brand story
E-mail Marketing Campaigns
Crafting eDMs and subject lines that attract
Digital Copywriting 101
Effective headlines, creative writing techniques
Connecting to Customers on Social Media
Tips on integrating engaging posts and visuals
Practical Hands-on Exercises
- Mapping your brand’s customer journey and content touchpoints
- Identifying compelling story angles
- Writing headlines that attract both bots and humans
- Crafting a short press release based on a template
- Structuring blog content for your company
- Designing and writing an eDM
- Writing an engaging Facebook post
- Crafting an interesting Instagram caption
Benefits of Attending
- Find out how to create content that drives the customer journey
- Analyse the psychology behind why we share and how we read online
- Identify the pros, cons and the ideal ratio for curation vs creation of content
- Uncover how to find and curate interesting stories from within your organisation
- Learn how to use alliteration, similes and metaphors to write engaging headlines
- Understand when to use pitch notes and press releases appropriately
- Pick up top tips on writing press releases efficiently and proficiently
- Adopt best practices for corporate blogs and apply the readability test
- Examine how to write an email copy and subject line that elicits a response
- Gain insights on how to build your Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn strategy
- Hear how to up your social media game with images and videos
Jane has close to 20 years of communications experience, with a career that spans journalism, NGO communications, corporate communications and content marketing. More than half that time was spent working in London, Bangkok and Hong Kong.
Tapping on her storytelling skills honed as an award-winning journalist with The Straits Times, Jane has been helping brands to tell compelling stories that connect with their customers.
In the last 10 years of working with international agencies such as Allison+Partners and J. Walter Thompson, Jane has developed creative and impactful content campaigns for a broad spectrum of clients in the region including Google, FedEx, Cisco, Ford Motor Company, Grab, Nestle, Economic Development Board of Singapore and Resorts World Genting.
She recently started her own consultancy with a focus on data storytelling.
Past Delegates Testimonials
I like how Jane delivered the content and provided tips and advice on our writing. This is THE BEST workshop I’ve attended in 2018
Jane is knowledgeable in this space. Lots of inspiring information and good examples
The workshop was very useful. I learned a lot from it. The tips and best practices will be very helpful in my everyday work
Who Should Attend
Senior Level Executives responsible for Copywriting, Social Media, Digital Marketing, Marketing, Communications
Registration: 8.30am • Workshop: 9.00am – 5.00pm
Morning, afternoon refreshments & lunch will be served at appropriate intervals.
Session 1: Engaging customers in the digital age… and it’s not SEO!
- Creating content that drives the customer journey
- Psychology behind why we share
- Scanner alert: how we read online
Exercise: Mapping your brand’s customer journey and content touchpoints to identify gaps and opportunities.
Session 2: Feeding the ever-hungry content monster
- Curation vs creation: Pros and cons, ideal ratio
- Curate content that grows your brand
- Find interesting stories from within your organisation, yes, even boring B2B companies
- Craft story angles that people want to read
Exercise: Identify compelling story angles.
Session 3: Digital copywriting 101
- Know your audience
- Alliteration, similes and metaphors – they can all help you to write creatively
- How emotional is your headline?
Exercise: Write headlines that attract both bots and humans
Session 4: Getting your press release into the news
- Pitch note vs press release: when to use which
- Top tips on writing press releases well and fast
- How not to annoy journalists
Exercise: Write a short press release based on a template
Session 5: Making your website (and blog) stand out
- Marrying SEO and content marketing for the perfect match
- Why blogs are crucial to your company – even if you’re not marketing to consumers
- How readable is your website/blog?
Exercise: Structuring blog content for your company.
Session 6: E-mail marketing campaigns are not dead… yet
- Who still reads marketing emails?
- A subject line that cannot be ignored
- E-mail copy that elicits a response
Exercise: Write and design an eDM.
Session 7: Connecting to customers on social media
- Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn: How to make them work for your brand
- Best practices for writing engaging social media posts and ads
- Up your game with images and videos
Exercise: Write a Facebook post and an Instagram caption.
Session 8: Putting it altogether
Building on what the participants have learnt about writing for different channels, they will now put everything together into a single campaign with this hands-on exercise.