Huw is very knowledgeable and forthcoming in sharing his experience and knowledge.
Are You Making the Most of Your Data?
How does Spotify crunch user data and transform it into witty marketing strategies?
Turning listeners’ habits from 2017 into humourous ads on how to deal with life in 2018,
Taking users on a trip of their 2017 listening history with “2017 Wrapped”,
Curating a “ones that got away” playlist of songs based on individual taste,
Spotify’s data-driven marketing sparks conversations. Engages. Builds brand loyalty.
Can You Leverage on Data to Achieve Higher Marketing ROI?
This 2-day workshop will equip you with practical skills and techniques to analyse data, understand consumers, and make well-informed marketing decisions. Learn to use data insights to create customer segments, develop customers’ personas, and leverage on them to speak to the hearts of your audience. Master the ability to use analytics tools, calculate ROI, optimise conversion rates, and integrate data to form a single view of your customer. At the end of the workshop, you will take away strategies to translate data into actionable insights to reap greater results from your marketing efforts.
- Led by a practising consultant in global data analytics and measurement delivery, with more than 30 years’ experience
- Comprehensive agenda encompassing critical skills and knowledge on digital analytics
- Practical case studies across industries – automotive, retail, financial services, ecommerce and more
- Interactive hands-on exercises to cement learning and apply skills to your own field
- Live demonstrations of data mining and analytics tools
Defining objectives, establishing hypothesis, enhancing data
Structuring a robust test design & going beyond A/B testing
How to mine data & identify key relationships?
Creating customer segments & personas, machine learning techniques
Calculating ROI, managing online data, optimising conversion rates
Framing insights & presenting results that garners buy-in
Benefits of Attending
- Gain insights into the types and sources of industry-specific data to support measurement needs
- Analyse how to expand and enhance your data from second and third party sources
- Dissect the technicalities of data analytics – learn about indexing, Z-scores, cohort analysis, the modelling process and more
- Understand how to create a single customer view for insights and analytics
- Grasp how to use free and paid analytics tools, and their pros and cons
- Determine the ways to tailor marketing campaigns based on customers’ behaviour
- Discover about machine learning approaches that increase effectiveness and efficiency
- Identify key topics to guide marketing content and resonate with audience
- Acquire methods to improve content sequencing through causality
- Gather tips to optimise conversion rates via analytics, the right KPIs and channels
- Learn how to manage unstructured online data to assess marketing effectiveness
- Develop expertise in financial and non-financial ROI calculation
- Delve into the ways to present data comprehensibly to stakeholders and management
Huw is a recognised leader in global data analytics and measurement delivery.
In the past 30+ years his career has taken him from the actuarial department of BUPA Health Insurance to a range of agencies and consultancies, especially following the buyout of his first company, Data by Design to Experian, in 1998. Huw has served as General Manager for Data and Consulting at OgilvyOne Worldwide, and then as the Chairman of EHS Brann Discovery and Global Director of Data and Discovery for Euro RSCG 4D (now known as Havas Worldwide) for 6 years.
In March 2007 he founded Nanomarketing based in London and Singapore, an independent data strategy and analytical consultancy and has spent 9 years in the APAC region developing data and CRM strategies for clients. Clients included Minor Hotel Group, Nando’s, Pizza Hut, The Body Shop, River Island, SK-II, Telkomsel, Dell and Saxo Bank.
He joined J Walter Thompson in 2016 to develop and enhance data offering to clients and his clients include Unilever, Nikon, Treasury Wine Estates, Changi Airport and Unicharm.
Hear from Past Delegates
A good balance of theoretical knowledge and practical application.
Learnt new things on analysing web data using various statistics tools.
Who Should Attend
Senior level executives responsible for Digital Marketing, Social Media, Web, Marketing Communications
Session 1: Data Discovery – Metrics and Insights
- Defining objectives, KPIs and metrics you want to measure
- Understanding how to establish hypothesis to prove within your marketing plans
- Types and sources of industry-specific data to support your measurement needs
- What are some of the commonly overlooked sources of data?
- Enhancing your data from second and third party sources
Case Studies: An FMCG company’s customer journey in detail; other examples from automotive and financial service industries
Exercise: Mapping marketing objectives to KPIs to metrics to data sources for your own business
Session 2: Understanding the Principles of Testing and Decision Making
- How to structure a robust test design
- How to know if your campaign results are a success or not
- Understanding the risk you are taking within any marketing activity
- Going beyond just A/B testing
- Understanding the benefits of sampling
Exercise: Understanding how testing works by undertaking calculations to see the likely uplift in campaign rollouts
Session 3: Data Analytics
- Merging information to create a single consumer view for insights and analytics
- Data mining techniques
- Identifying key relationships within your data
- How to pick up the right signals?
- Common challenges when analysing data and how to overcome them
Demo: Comparison of free and paid data analytics tools – Applications, costs, pros and cons etc.
Case Studies: Several real life examples of interaction and basket spends analysis
Exercise: Deriving variables from transactional data for an ecommerce business
Session 4: Translating Data into Actionable Insights
- Why and how to create customer segments with data?
- Developing customer personas based on data insights
- Tracking and understanding customers’ behaviour to influence marketing campaigns
- Introduction to machine learning techniques
- How to measure effectiveness of content?
- How to leverage on data to identify topics that resonate with audience?
Case Studies: Segmentation examples from automotive, retail and e-commerce industries
Exercise: Reviewing results and understanding the causal effect of the outcomes of marketing activity
Session 5: Measuring Effectiveness of Digital Marketing
- Methods for financial vs non-financial ROI calculation
- How to manage unstructured online data to better assess marketing effectiveness?
- Techniques to determine if your message is resonating with audience
- Understanding causality to improve content sequencing
- Conversion rate optimisation: KPIs, analytics and channels to improve marketing performance
Case Studies: Examples of brand portfolio analysis and the effect of switching within client brands; examples of content effectiveness and establishing the evaluation framework
Exercise: Understanding how to create a decision tree to support content ordering
Session 6: Reporting Data to Management
- Framing insights to address different goals of stakeholders
- Critical factors for comprehensive understanding
- How to present results to effectively garner management buy-in
Case Studies: Examples of dash boarding and reporting from electronics, FMCG and financial services industries
Exercise: Providing insights and commentaries to a set of marketing graphs for a brand activity; assessing campaigns’ successfulness