The workshop enabled us to access free/cost-efficient tools that we can use for data gathering for our business. I appreciate the emphasis on data-based strategies.
“There is too much noise on social media!
How do I create engaging content?”
“Organic reach is declining!
How can I increase reach without paid ads?”
“Management wants ROI!
How can I translate social efforts into tangible business outcomes?”
Boost your Social Media Reach, Engagement, ROI
Join this 2-day workshop to acquire practical techniques and tools to develop a comprehensive social media strategy aligned with the latest landscape. Examine how to set clear KPIs for different social platforms and leverage monitoring tools including Fanpage Karma, Hootsuite, Hashtagify, Google Analytics, Facebook adverts to benchmark against competitors. Gain insights into the technicalities and algorithms of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn to create relevant content with maximum reach and engagement. Master how to measure the tangible impact of social media and report ROI to your management.
- Latest game-changing social media trends and platforms
- Setting clear goals and selecting KPIs
- Conducting a social audit and benchmarking against competitors
- Developing a 360 social media strategy: SEO, SEM, SMO
- Leveraging platforms’ technicalities and algorithms
- Creating engaging social media content with maximum impact
- Social CRM and managing online reputation
- Social media data analytics and measuring ROI
Practical Hands-on Exercises
- Interactive social audit activities to gain insights into your social pages and your competitors’
- In-depth demonstrations of practical social tools to monitor online conversations and real-time mentions
- Practice using online tools including Fanpage Karma, Facebook adverts, Hashtagify, Hootsuite to create the right content for your brand
What You Will Learn
- Latest trends and consumer behaviour of social media users in Asia
- Applying key functions of different social platforms to your business
- Search engine optimisation quick facts and how the positioning of posts affects clicks
- How Facebook newsfeed works: Posting sharing, quality, formatting, image
- Factors affecting Facebook algorithm: Affinity score, edge weight, time decay
- Assessing social monitoring tools: Fanpage Karma, Hootsuite, Social Mention
- Conducting audience segmentation to create tailored content that resonates
- Writing on various social platforms: Facebook, Twitter, WeChat, Weibo, LinkedIn
- Goal setting and selecting appropriate KPIs for benchmarking
- How to filter, prioritise, and manage social media conversations and real-time mentions
- Translating social findings into actionable insights for comprehensive understanding
Douglas is a recognised social media expert, with more than 20 years of digital experience. He founded Asia’s first agency offering full social media management services and launched Standard Chartered Bank’s first global social media campaign out of Asia. Douglas has formulated and implemented social media strategies that deliver ROI-oriented and data-driven results focused on business requirements and clearly articulated goals. His clients include Standard Chartered Bank, BMW, Hyatt, LG, Banyan Tree, Simpson Marine, One2Free, Marriott International, GAP, Accor and many more.
Douglas was formerly from IBM and PwC Consulting, responsible for delivering web-based solutions for many Fortune 500 companies.
Douglas has a strong grasp of the social media landscape in Asia. He has also been featured on reputable international news outlets like CNN and is a frequent speaker at industry events.
Good knowledgeable trainer who offers interesting insights on social media strategy
Love the group work and the active interaction between the speaker and the audiences
Who Should Attend
Mid to Senior level executives responsible for Marketing, Communications, Digital, Social Media
Session 1: Latest Game-Changing Social Media Trends & Platforms
Are videos now a must? What are the upcoming trends to look out for in 2018? Gain up-to-date insights into the evolving social media landscape and changing user behaviour.
- Facebook Live, Instagram Stories, 360 videos: What’s new and hot among existing platforms?
- Is live streaming worth the hype? Does it work for every brand?
- Will humans be replaced by bots? Explore the potential of Chatbots for brands
- Newest trends and statistics on social user behaviour in Asia
- What’s next? Predictions on future trends to look out for
Exercise: Identifying key functions of your digital assets and how they apply to your KPI goals
Session 2: Optimising your Social Media Strategy
Part I. Setting Clear Goals & Selecting KPIs
Clear goal setting is the key to a comprehensive strategy. Learn how to set the right KPIs and metrics for different social media platforms to ensure that your strategy aligns with overall business objectives.
- Examine considerations behind goal setting and selecting appropriate KPIs
- What to benchmark against to assess effectiveness?
- KPI selection: Fan growth, share of voice, engagement, Click-through rate (CTR), quality of fans, lead generation etc.
Part II. Social Audit Process & Benchmarking against Competitors
Learn to perform a digital portfolio audit and conduct competitor analysis to benchmark your brand and determine what success is.
- Analyse the social audit process
- Site audit
- Competitive analysis
- Review of existing content strategy across applications
- Fan quality
- How to adjust and tailor your strategy based on the results of your digital portfolio analysis
Demo: How to use Fanpage Karma to conduct competitor analysis
Exercise: Conducting a social audit to evaluate your brand’s social footprint
Part III. Developing a 360 Social Media Strategy — SEO, SEM, SMO
Social media only works when it is well-integrated into your digital efforts. Learn to determine the right digital marketing mix and develop a holistic social media strategy for your brand.
- Analyse the new 360 digital marketing mix
- Search Engine Optimisation
- Search Engine Marketing
- Social Media Optimisation
- Examine search engine quick facts and how positioning affects clicks
- Learn about search engine optimisation concepts: Onsite vs. offsite optimisation
- How to determine what platforms your brand should leverage on?
Exercise: Tracking CTR and search placement
Session 3: Leveraging Platforms’ Technicalities & Algorithms – Plan, Distribute & Amplify Content
From the fall in Facebook’s organic reach to changes in Instagram’s algorithm, examine how to plan, distribute and amplify content based on how social platforms work.
- Examine how the Facebook newsfeed works: Posting, sharing, quality, formatting, image
- Analyse the factors of Facebook algorithm: Affinity score, Edge weight, Time decay and how they affect organic reach
- Explore what Instagram’s algorithm changes mean for marketers
- Learn how to determine social keywords
- How to organise content to “write one, post many” to increase efficiency
- How to conduct audience segmentation for various social platforms
Exercise: Verifying keywords and #tags for your brand using Fanpage Karma, Facebook adverts, Facebook search, Hashtagify, Hootsuite
Exercise: Using Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn to search volume and appropriate content for your brand
Session 4: Creating Engaging Social Media Content with Maximum Impact
With an overwhelming amount of content on social media, acquire best practices and tips on how to create content that stands out from the noise, engages your audience and drives a strong call-to-action.
- Content for inbound vs. outbound marketing
- Examine how audience consume content across different platforms and how to tailor content accordingly
- Facebook post writing rules vs. format
- Tips for writing for different social platforms: Facebook, Twitter, WeChat, Weibo, LinkedIn
- Guidelines for facilitating employee participation
Exercise: Writing messages for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn
Exercise: Creating customer segmentation using formatting skills and social adverts
Session 5: Social CRM & Managing Online Reputation
Examine how to leverage social media to build and manage relationships with customers and resolve online conflicts and negative feedback.
- Examine the “W”s of social listening: Who, what, where, why
- Learn how to filter and prioritise social media conversations and real-time mentions
- Comparison of social monitoring tools: Fanpage Karma, Hootsuite, Social Mention, Google Analytics, Facebook Insights etc.
- Analyse the shift from traditional to social CRM
- Mitigating and responding to negative comments on social platforms
Exercise: Identifying the social CRM approach for different platforms
Exercise: Writing three standard replies for common questions about your brand
Exercise: Researching on one online profile and determining next steps to resolve conflict
Exercise: Determining the accuracy and quality of fans
Session 6: Social Media Data Analytics & Measuring ROI
Learn to assess the tangible impact of social media and gain insights on how you can report to management effectively.
- Examine tools available and how to leverage on them to analyse data for benchmarking
- How to translate social data findings into actionable insights
- Keeping insights simple for comprehensive understanding and effective reporting
- Lead generation and social selling: Translate social efforts into tangible outcomes
Exercise: Defining your KPIs and developing a documented plan to achieve those KPIs and evaluate for success