Serve the Right Facebook Ads, To the Right People, At the Right Time
With Facebook having not only more content, but also increasing advertising campaigns created on the daily, getting meaningful ROI from your Facebook ad is getting more and more challenging.
Being the social media giant for both B2B & B2C businesses, an effective Facebook advertising strategy is critical to bring your business to the next level. Many are already onboard the billion-reaching platform but not fully grasping the policies, regulations and fierce landscape it is in.
Competition is cut-throat. Content fatigue is high. Facebook algorithm is constantly changing.
How can you be versatile and adapt to new algorithms?
How do you customise your FB ad for changing audiences?
How do you optimise campaigns, sharpen strategies and nail your next ad?
Master the Most Cost Effective and Targeted Form of Advertising
Join this interactive 3-day live broadcast workshop led by Liu Mun Yin and Lilian Cheng from Wavemaker to examine what goes behind Facebook ads that deliver results. Build a solid campaign from bottom up with the right audience, right objective and right messaging. Measure the direct impact of campaigns in real time. Understand the data collected and optimise FB ads to your gain. Unpack the full capabilities of Facebook ads and utilise every dollar spent on the ad budget to its worth from now on.
A Fully Immersive Virtual Workshop Experience
Hear LIVE presentation on leading case studies and common challenges Get real-time answers to your questions throughout the workshop Interact with like-minded professionals for dynamic exchange of ideas In-depth sharing during
1-hour intimate group discussion on Day 3
Gain access to full workshop materials and handout
Facebook in the Media Landscape
A focused look on the ads and audiences of today
Content on Facebook
Demystifying algorithms on the News Feed
Planning a Campaign: Considerations, Options and Pitfalls
Business-centric approaches to running better Facebook Ads
Targeting Options on Paid Campaigns
Precise targeting to reach your most valued audience
Tracking, Tagging, Reporting and Testing
Accurate and actionable Facebook Ad metrics that add value to campaigns
Benefits of Attending
- Understand the role of Facebook in the fierce media landscape
- Utilise the combined advantage of organic and paid functions in Facebook
- Acquire tips on what makes for optimum Customer Experience (CX)
- Compare mobile optimised formats vs web browser experiences
- Choose campaign objectives and channels that drive ROI
- Assess ad importance and impact with critical metrics and tools
- Build core, lookalike and custom audiences for accurate target groups
- Enhance Facebook Ad strategy with high-performing placements
- Learn to export data and customise reports to build better campaigns
- Turn data into information that improves campaign performance
Mun Yin is a seasoned digital marketing professional who has worked in digital marketing for the past 15 years. He has worked through the transition from online marketing to digital marketing, having critical experience in agency and client-side environments in Europe and Asia, accumulating knowledge in media publishing, retail, hospitality and technology.
His core philosophy is based around performance-based intent marketing such as search and interest targeting while his technical expertise includes SEO, SEM, social media, affiliates, email, PPC, price comparison, display and blogging. A strategic thinker and experienced team manager, Mun Yin’s current role sees him developing and growing business around digital performance channels such as search and social, as well as looking after paid search/SEM, paid social and analytics.
His past and current clients include Huawei, Four Seasons Hotels, CNN, SCMP, Xerox and Cisco.
Lilian is an experienced digital marketer with more than 6 years of performance experience across APAC.
Having worked in performance media agencies and for luxury hotels, her expertise is strong in social media strategy and execution, powered by her demonstrated performance in social media and programmatic display advertising. Her clients are mainly in hospitality, fashion and consumer goods, including Hills, Hilton, Nike and Lane Crawford.
Who Should Attend
Mid to senior level executives responsible for digital marketing, social media and communications. All participants should have a Facebook account for the hands-on exercises.
Log-in Time: 8.50 am*
Day 1-2: 9.00 am – 1.00 pm* (There will be short breaks allocated at appropriate intervals.)
Day 3: Intimate group discussion between 9.00am – 1.00pm*
*Time stated in local Singapore time.
Session 1: Facebook in the Media Landscape
What role does Facebook play in the modern media landscape? How has it come to this, where does it go next?
- Introduction to Facebook
- Brief history of Facebook
- Strategic value and strength of Facebook
- Organic communities
- Introduction to paid side
- Organic vs Paid
- Organic with Paid
Session 2: Content on Facebook
How does content get displayed on Facebook? What works for the user when they’re scrolling through their news feed?
- What’s on your news feed?
- How does the news feed work or get prioritised?
- How is content displayed?
- Instant articles vs in browser?
- What is Facebook doing with Messenger?
- Exercises: Drafting a content calendar for 1 week, brainstorming content ideas for various objectives
Session 3: Planning a Campaign: Considerations, Options and Pitfalls
What’s the best approach to planning a successful campaign? What other considerations are there and how do you pick the best options?
- What is your campaign objective?
- Do you have the required creative assets to run the campaign objective you want? If you don’t, what options you have?
- Should you advertise in all the channels within Facebook family (Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Audience Network)?
- Is your budget enough to run for the ideal campaign period duration?
- What tools are there to help you forecast campaign results?
- Exercises: Planning a campaign from objective setting, channel and placement selection to match the content ideas from the previous exercise
Session 4: Targeting Options on Paid Campaigns
Who and where should you reach out to in order to suit your campaign goals? How can you target your most valued audience?
- What are core, lookalike and custom audiences?
- How to build core, lookalike and custom audiences?
- What are the benefits of each of them?
- When should you use each of these audience?
- What are the available placements?
- Exercises: Building on the previous plan, add a descriptive method to reach the target audience, their demographics and interest, and how to reach them
Session 5: Tracking, Tagging, Reporting and Testing
Measuring campaigns is a given, but how is it done and how do you turn the data into information that can help guide your campaign better?
- How does Facebook track campaigns?
- What trafficking tags work with Facebook?
- What do Facebook reports look like?
- How can you export data and customise reports?
- What testing and optimisation can you do?
- Ongoing optimisation methodology
- Exercises: Assign a selection of 3 metrics to measure success of your planned campaign and describe what success looks like
Intimate Group Discussion
There will be 1-hour intimate group discussion with the workshop leaders on Day 3. This in-depth and interactive discussion session will provide delegates the opportunity to ask questions from the content covered in the preceding days or focus on specific Facebook ads questions/challenges from their own organisation. More details will be given nearer to the date.