Scoping Social Media for the Next Decade: Redefining Social Media Engagement
Social media as we know it has been around for decades evolving from a mere online community that connected like-minded people to one now run by major powerhouses utilised by millions of corporations worldwide. Many platforms have come and gone and what was popular last year would be a different story now in a matter of months.
How can brands stay on top of the ever-evolving social media game? How can brands develop a social strategy that ensures that their team remains agile in an environment where speed and ambiguity are the only constants? How do brands hustle forward and not fall backwards?
Justify Creative Social Media Content that Gets the Management Go-Ahead
Join our 3-day virtual workshop to acquire the latest know-how to develop a condensed social media strategy moving into 2021. Uncover the latest strategies that speak to consumers in light of the ongoing pandemic. Learn how to leverage marketing frameworks to deal with changes on popular social media platforms – Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn. Adopt industry’s best practices when developing local or regional social media strategy. Examine how to best measure social campaigns and troubleshoot measurement strategies that will bring brands closer to achieving the campaign objectives.
- Know the right social media platforms to get on for your brand in 2021
- Design a flexible social media strategy that delivers according to brand objectives
- Seize audience interaction with a comprehensive engagement strategy
- Optimise data for better content that delivers results
- Sieve out reliable metrics to measure performance of social media campaigns accurately
Benefits of Attending
- Identify and evaluate key social platforms fitted for a brand against problem statements
- Create a social media strategy for the job-to-be-done by identifying issues, selecting contents
- Examine how to tier out paid and organic content as part of the social media strategies
- Articulate social media strategies that justify business objectives effectively
- Uncover tools and methods for sentiment monitoring and devise plans with insights gathered
- Discover popular frameworks that marry content strategy with strategic objectives
- Map out strategies to fish for new content ideas and various formats to stay on trend
- Devise an engagement blueprint that coordinates with the marketing framework set
- Plot systematic approaches to advance your engagement game to stay connected
- Adopt the methods to increase social engagement – content, audience, mechanics, community
- Unmask hidden vanity metrics with metrics that matter: Awareness, consideration, attributions, O2O
- Rework campaign measurement strategy to maximise efficacy and drive actions
A Fully Immersive Virtual Workshop Experience
|Hear LIVE presentation on leading case studies and common challenges||Get real-time answers to your questions throughout the workshop||Interact with like-minded professionals for dynamic exchange of ideas||In-depth sharing during
1-hour intimate group discussion on Day 3
|Gain access to full workshop materials and handout|
Lead, Global Digital Marketing and Acquisition, Lalamove Hong Kong
(Former Regional Strategy Director, Mindshare Hong Kong)
Jennsen is the Lead, Global Digital Marketing and Acquisition at Lalamove. Jennsen oversees global digital marketing and strategies for Lalamove, and user acquisition (rider and driver) across channels such as social media, programmatic, SEM, affiliate and etc.
Jennsen has more than 10 years of experience with some of the biggest brand names in the world, such as HSBC, Disneyland, Expedia, Dyson, Shangri-la Hotel & Resorts, Ralph Lauren and more. He has deep expertise in creating strategic plans and frameworks, and executes social engagement campaigns, AdTechs and integrated campaigns that lead to commercial and marketing successes.
Before Lalamove, Jennsen was the Regional Strategy Director in Mindshare, one of the most awarded and biggest integrated media agencies in the world and APAC, with its holding company, GroupM, handles half of all the advertisements across the globe.
The projects he led have won global and regional awards in Festival of Media, Tangrams, Asia eCommerce Award, DMA China and Effie, in e-commerce, integrated media, programmatic and social categories.
Jennsen is also a frequent industry event speaker, where he shared his experience with over 1200 delegates in Digital Marketing Summit 2019 (Seoul), Mobile Growth Summit Asia (Jakarta), Seamless Asia 2020 and etc.
Who Should Attend
Mid- Senior level professionals responsible for Social Media, Marketing Communications, Digital Marketing and Corporate Communications
Log-in Time: 8.50 am*
Day 1-2: 9.00 am – 1.00 pm* (There will be short breaks allocated at appropriate intervals.)
Day 3: Intimate group discussion between 9.00am – 1.00pm*
*Time stated in local Singapore time.
Session 1: Social Media Platforms and Evaluations
This session would touch on the various popular social media platforms. We will learn about the strengths and weaknesses of each platform in order to make the most informed strategic decision on the platform of choice, as the first step to your social media strategy.
- Understanding the strengths and weaknesses of social media against other channels
- Examine different social media platforms across APAC: Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and other local giants
- Method to evaluate best fitting social media platforms against problem statements, or algorithmic/feature updates
Sessions 2 & 3: Social Media Strategy Frameworks
This session will introduce popular frameworks used in marketing, e-commerce and growth marketing. Examine the key strengths and weaknesses of each framework and how to use them in your current organisation. We will then learn how to frame your marketing challenges and match them against different benefits that social media can provide from different channels and content to arrive in the best suited social strategy.
- Defining the job-to-be-done, through understanding different stages of marketing
- Merging the job-to-be-done with social media strategy: Identifying issues, selecting platforms/contents
- Tiering out organic/paid social strategy
- Content strategy to answer various objectives
Note: These two sessions will involve a hands-on exercise. Delegates should be prepared to participate as part of the learning outcome.
Session 4: Curating Engaging Content on Social Media Platforms
This session will delve into different approaches to discover evolving trends that inspire new content, and methods to experiment and validate content ideas in the best fitting content formats.
- Methodology to discover trends, formats: An approach to withstand an ever-changing social landscape without losing sight of the bigger picture of brand and business objectives
- Sentiment monitoring: Tools and methods to monitor popular sentiment and develop content and actions subsequently
- Basic principles in experimentation: Basic concepts in designing experiments and variables to test different hypotheses
Session 5: Increasing Social Engagement
This session will help you understand different methods both organic and paid, that will encourage users to engage with your social content.
- Understanding engagement: Different types and quality of engagement
- Strategic value of engagements: Available actions to act upon and leverage engagements to arrive in different business objectives
- Methods to improve engagement: Content, audience, mechanics, community
Session 6: Measurement
This session will cover the final yet crucial step of social activation which lies in measurement. Good measurement tells us how our business goals connect to metrics and how we are performing for accumulated learnings, insights, and optimisation in the future.
- Basic principle in measurement: Defining goals & metrics
- Metrics that matters – Basic social metrics against objectives: Awareness, consideration, purchase, attributions, engagement, online-to-offline (O2O)
- Troubleshooting measurement: Driving actions, optimisation, ruling out vanity metrics
There will be 1-hour intimate group discussion sessions with the workshop leader on Day 3. This in-depth and interactive session will provide delegates with the opportunity to ask questions regarding the learnings from Day 1 and 2, and/or any specific challenge in implementing an effective social media strategy within their organisation. More details will be given nearer to the date.