1.082 billion daily active users.
46TB data consumed per minute.
‘Super App’ WeChat is taking over China*.
Can you keep up with the WeChat Ecosystem?
How can brands optimise WeChat SEO for improved traffic and reach?
Are you updated on trending content formats that resonate with Chinese consumers?
Can you maximise your brand’s data capability to optimise loyalty programs?
Overcome the Complexity of WeChat for Marketing Success
Join this 2-day interactive workshop to acquire the latest WeChat advanced features, strategies and tools to develop a top-line WeChat strategy. Be updated on the latest marketing tools for WeChat Pay and WeChat Wallet to master the WeChat Financial Ecosystem. Deep dive into WeChat SEO and learn how to optimise loyalty programs for better user profiling. Analyse the hyper-growth in Mini Programs and develop audience-focused Mini Programs. Map a winning end-to-end WeChat strategy with content development, amplification tactics and ROI measurement to elevate your brand’s WeChat marketing success.
- Led by digital marketing consultants from Proximity China, with 20 years’ experience
- Real-time feedback to optimise your brand’s WeChat strategies
- Interactive hands-on activities to put key learning into practice
- In-depth case studies analysis for actionable takeaways
Benefits of Attending
- Understand the environment WeChat competes in and opportunities for marketers
- Acquire key marketing tools to navigate the WeChat Financial Ecosystem (WeChat Wallet & Pay)
- Conduct a detailed analysis of WeChat Subscription and CRM accounts for your brand
- Be updated with the latest strategies to optimise your brand’s WeChat SEO
- Learn how to create a seamless user experience through cross platform integration
- Examine how to optimise loyalty programs on WeChat through Social CRM data
- Discover trending content formats for brands that resonate with Chinese consumers
- Determine the most suitable WeChat Advertising (Moments, Banner, Influencer) for your brand
- Evaluate the benefits and challenges between paid and organic advertising for your brand
- Find out how to develop audience-focused Mini Programs and understand the contexts of use
- Gain insights on key principles to set when calculating ROI data and track campaign success
- Participate in a hands-on exercise to develop top-line WeChat strategies for your business
Sharlene was acting as Managing Director for both BBDO and Proximity Shanghai in 2015 where she started leading Proximity Shanghai since 2011. She oversees four specialty teams across Digital Planning, Data Analytics, Social Media, and Digital Production.
In 2017, Proximity China became independent from BBDO China due to Omnicom Group’s strategic decision and Sharlene was promoted to CEO of Proximity China, the leading data driven creative agency under Omnicom Precision Marketing Group. Under Sharlene’s leadership, Proximity Shanghai office was ranked No. 34 by WARC 100 in the world in 2018. She leads her team to service companies such as Alibaba, Tencent, Tommy Hilfiger, P&G, Adidas and Bayer – from tech giants to multinational brands.
She is well known for her razor-sharp insights, creativity and open-minded innovation. Spanning across hundreds of successful pitches to high-level decision makers, Sharlene has led her team to win more than 45 top creative awards in the advertisement and media industry. Sharlene is a rare hybrid, strong in classic advertising and digital marketing experiences.
Sharlene also won Runner-up for Account Person of The Year in GC by Campaign 2016.
Lin Yu has about 20 years of experience in strategic planning /content marketing and is one of the most experienced China local strategists. He has worked as Planning Director and the Head of Planning in several big advertising agencies such as Y&R, LOWE and Saatchi & Saatchi.
He has a deep understanding of the China market environment and the new generation of Chinese consumers. He always provides the best brand and communication strategy in order to meet client’s business goal and change consumer’s behavior . He has worked on a wide range of categories and brands such as Unilever, Danone, SPDB, Sanofi etc.
Lin Yu joined Coca-Cola China as Creative & Content excellence director in 2012. In nearly 6 years, he has been in charge of integrated market communication for multiple brands including Minute Maid, Sprite, Fanta, Ice Dew Chun Yue etc.
Who Should Attend
Senior Level Executives responsible for Social Media, Digital Marketing, Communications
Session 1: 2019 Social Media Landscape in China
- Overview of the Chinese digital landscape and digital culture
- Understanding the environment WeChat competes in
- Latest digital consumption trends and opportunities for marketers
Session 2: WeChat Features Brands are Missing Out on
- Latest features on WeChat for marketers (Time Capsule, Chat Alerts, ‘Wow’ Alert and more)
- Deep dive into the WeChat Financial Ecosystem: WeChat Wallet & WeChat Pay
- WeChat key offerings: Marketing tools to navigate the Financial Ecosystem
Session 3: Optimising your WeChat Official Accounts
- In-depth analysis of WeChat Official Accounts: Subscription & CRM Accounts
- Assessing strengths and weaknesses of each account for your brand
- Leveraging specific functions to achieve marketing objectives
Hands-on exercise: Set up and evaluate your own WeChat Subscription & CRM accounts
Session 4: WeChat Amplification Strategies & Tactics
- How to improve on your traffic, grow fan base and increase reach
- Strategies to optimise your brand’s WeChat SEO
- Best practices to select KOLs on WeChat for your brand
- E-commerce: Cross platform integration for seamless user experience
- How to optimise loyalty programs on WeChat
– Maximise your brand’s data capability
– Social CRM data for better user profiling
Session 5: Effective WeChat Content Marketing Strategies
- Trending content on WeChat
- Latest content formats for brands that resonate with Chinese consumers
- Successful and failed case studies: Best practices, pitfalls to avoid, lessons learnt
Session 6: Elevating your WeChat Advertising for Increased Success
- WeChat Moments Advertising
- WeChat Banner Advertising
- Influencers Advertising
- Compare between organic and paid advertising – which works for your brand
Session 7: Leveraging Growth of Mini Programs
- Find out why there is a hyper-growth in WeChat Mini programs
- Analyse and improve on your brand’s Mini Programs
- Develop audience-focused Mini Programs and contexts of use
Session 8: Measuring the ROI of your WeChat Marketing Efforts
- Key principles to set when calculating ROI data
- Benchmark campaign success against industry standards and competitors
Session 9: Hands on Practice Session: Develop a Top-line WeChat Strategy
- Group work: Analyse a brand case study and its challenges
- Map an end-to-end WeChat strategy addressing challenges
– Identify the most suitable Official Account
– Establish an effective WeChat amplification strategy
– Propose a relevant WeChat content strategy based on latest content trends
– Track ROI using key principles
- Pitch ideas in teams for review and feedback