Nicky is very experienced and there were many learning points for different scales of WeChat campaigns focusing on the key KPI of the campaign.
WeChat – China’s Everyday App
Are you Maximising its Full Potential?
Starbucks’ Refresha campaign proves you don’t need a high WeChat budget.
270 000 fans gained. 1 million RMB free media exposure*.
Acquire Cost-Effective WeChat Strategies to Drive Reach & Engagement
Join this 1-day practical workshop to adopt proven strategies to maximise the ROI of your WeChat Official Account. Acquire fan recruitment strategies and best practices in WeChat advertising. Takeaway content engagement strategies including WeChat SEO, content planning, performance measurement and HTML5 campaigns. Learn how to successfully leverage WeChat’s commerce and CRM features including WeChat Mini Programs. Grasp KOL marketing strategies and discover how to effectively integrate WeChat into your digital marketing strategy.
- Led by Nicky Wang, Head of Strategy, WE Red Bridge China, with 15 years digital experience
- Case studies from B2C and B2B industries
- Hands-on exercises to develop WeChat strategies for your brand
- Latest WeChat features including WeChat Mini Program
Benefits of Attending
- Identify key players and newcomers to watch in China’s digital space
- Understand Chinese users’ daily WeChat consumption habits
- Compare the roles and functions of Consumer and Corporate Accounts
- Acquire effective organic and paid fan recruitment strategies
- Examine the critical success factors in popular Moments ads
- Find out when are the ‘golden’ moments to deliver content on WeChat
- Analyse how to set goals and budgeting principles for HTML5 campaigns
- Discover WeChat’s developer mode and how to track individual user activity
- Assess the difference between mobile apps and WeChat mini programs
- Hear how brands are using WeChat mini programs for social commerce
- Understand the trends in we-media and aggregators for KOL engagement
- Learn the dos and don’ts when collaborating with influencers on WeChat
- Develop your WeChat strategy framework including budget setting
With 15 years of communications industry experience, Nicky advises global brands on their communications strategies in China and APAC region across a variety of sectors, including travel and hospitality, sports and fitness, luxury and fashion, food and nutrition, technology and healthcare. Clients she has advised include Aesop, Apple, DFS, Diageo, Estee Lauder, Gemalto, Melia Hotels International, La Liga, lululemon, Rosewood Hotels, TaylorMade and Ted Baker.
Nicky is a brand strategist who takes an in-depth approach to planning the navigation of her clients through China’s forever shifting media and consumer landscapes. Firm in the belief that successful communications must deliver tangible business results, she leads her team to produce high-impact campaigns and sustainable engagement programs that deliver maximum return for clients.
Nicky joined WE Red Bridge as a Managing Partner in its founding year 2009 to lead the brand marketing practice. Through strategic hires and hands-on leadership, she focused on continually evolving the agency’s capabilities to ensure holistic approach to client briefs and integrated approach to solutions.
In her current role as Managing Director, Head of Strategy, she is responsible for accelerating the agency’s offerings across Digital, Creative and Insights & Analytics, while continuing to provide strategic consultancy across all of their clients. She recently won the Young Business Leader of the Year (2019) in Campaign Asia’s Women Leading Change Awards.
Past Delegate Testimonials
Inspirational and knowledgeable speaker with up-to-date case sharing. Understood more about what WeChat can do and the landscape.
Real case studies. Good summarised slides. Presenter is clear and simple to understand.
Good speaker that is able to explain the concepts clearly.
Presenter’s knowledge and ability to articulate well. Content of the workshop is good.
The slides and case studies are very good.
Who Should Attend
Senior level executives responsible for social media, digital marketing, marketing, communications
Registration: 8.30am • Workshop: 9.00am – 5.00pm
Morning, afternoon refreshments & lunch will be served at appropriate intervals.
Session 1: China’s Social Media Landscape & WeChat Ecosystem
- China’s digital consumption
- Transformation of China social media platforms
- Top apps on most mobiles
- China’s digital space: Key players and newcomers to watch
- WeChat’s role within Tencent’s integrated ecosystem
- Chinese users’ daily WeChat consumption habits
Session 2: WeChat Accounts
- Registering for an Official Account
- Content consumption through Official Accounts
- WeChat Official Account types
- Assigning a clear role for Consumer Accounts
- Assigning a clear role for Corporate Accounts:
- Fans recruitment – Organic and paid
- WeChat advertising
- Popular Moments ads – Success factors
- Restricted industries
- Paid endorsements
Session 3: Content & Engagement on WeChat
- WeChat as a key search engine
- Delivering content at the right moments
- Push content planning
- Content performance measurement
- HTML5 campaigns:
- Budgeting principles
Session 4: WeChat Commerce & CRM
- E-commerce players and WeChat’s role
- WeChat’s development features:
- Developer mode
- Tracking individual user activity
- Integrating with other databases
- Generating unique QR codes
- Point of interest finder
- Delivering full brand experience
- Pop-up commerce
- WeChat mini program: Differences between mobile apps and WeChat mini programs
- How brands are using mini programs
Session 5: Influencer Marketing
- Paid endorsements: Traditional media vs. We-media vs. influencers
- How traditional media is adapting to WeChat’s content format
- Trends in we-media and aggregators
- Tiers of influencers
- Influencer marketing in China vs. West
- The co-operation digital ecosystem
- Role of influencers: Awareness, engagement, conversion
- Critical success factors and pitfalls to avoid with influencer collaborations on WeChat
- Measuring the effectiveness of influencers
Session 6: Integrated Marketing
- Community building through O2O communications
- Multiple channel integration
- Developing your WeChat strategy framework
- Setting your WeChat budget