Gone are the days of long, text-based posts on Facebook.
Images allow audiences to put a face on your brand.
Videos give a voice and sound to your content.
Infographics transform hard numbers into digestible tidbits of value.
Visuals are now a critical element of a social media marketing strategy. But are you creating visual content that really pops and leads to high engagement?
Speak Volumes without saying a Single Word
Join us at this 1-day practical workshop to acquire tips, tools and tricks to create picture-perfect visual content on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn. Discover how to map out a social media visual storytelling plan and set goals that align with limited budget and resources. Determine how to select the right visual formats for different social platforms. Pick up free and paid tools to create stunning images, infographics and videos.
What type of visual content is trending among consumers today?
Creating fun, engaging visuals while conveying your brand message
Brainstorming for ideas, live demonstration of free and paid tools
How to create low-budget videos on mobile
Cheap and expensive ways to produce FB Live content
Benefits of Attending
- Find out how brands are keeping up with the latest visual storytelling trends
- Learn effective storyboarding techniques for your visual storytelling strategy
- Be updated with the latest visual features on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn
- Analyse the critical elements and building blocks of visual storytelling
- Discover how to establish a consistent brand identity across visuals
- Pick up free and paid tools and resources to curate and edit images
- Hear case study examples of effective visual content marketing
- Examine effective ways to sustain audience engagement for videos
- Understand the different video formats and mobile applications for video editing
- Assess whether Facebook Live is worth an investment and a study of ‘Live’ trends
Benjamin “Miyagi” Lee
Head of Digital Strategy & Social Content Strategy,
Tribal Worldwide (Part of DDB Group)
One of the founding fathers of Singapore’s social media scene, Benjamin “Mr Miyagi” Lee is the head of digital and social content strategy at Tribal Worldwide Singapore. In his current role, Benjamin is responsible for creating engaging and original social content for key clients including Unilever, McDonald’s, DBS, StarHub, SilkAir, Ministry of Communications and Information, and Ministry of National Development.
A prolific writer and media-neutral content creator, Lee has written and co-written original local content and theater productions. Lee also hosts a regular radio show on Power98 FM’s Own time, own target.
As the head of DDB Group’s film and content division Telling Stories, Josiah is a hybrid creative with a strong passion and drive in telling poignant stories. He has worked with clients including The British Council, National Geographic Explorer, OCBC Bank, METRO Singapore, Health Promotion Board, Habitat for Humanity Singapore, Institute of Mental Health Singapore, Singapore Prison Services, Pangdemonium Productions, and Sightlines Productions to craft visual stories for corporate and commercial purposes.
Josiah also believes in using his talent in storytelling for the benefit of others. His recent Independent Social Initiative, While You Were Sleeping, has since achieved international attention. Beyond managing the social initiative, Josiah has also given talks at TEDx Singapore and is frequently featured on local media outlets.
Who Should Attend
Senior Level Executives responsible for Digital Marketing, Social Media, Marketing, Communications, PR
Session 1: Principles in Visual Storytelling
- Understanding how our mind perceives visual
- Visual Storytelling strategy
- Types of Visual Storytelling in this day and age
- Branding with visual storytelling
- Case studies
- Effective storyboarding techniques
Session 2: Visual Storytelling Trends on Social Media
- User-generated content
- Interactive content
- 360 content
- Getting ahead with new technology
- Tools for visual storytelling (free and paid)
Session 3: Idea Generation and Creativity
- Where to find this elusive thing called “an idea”: Effective strategies
- The process of creativity
- Hands-on session: Solving a problem with ideas.
Session 4: Creating Effective Video Content
- Optimising limited resources in video-making
- Making dull material fun
- Using mobile to create content
- Mobile apps that help with video content: Live demo
- Effective ways of communicating with production houses
- Helping your audience watch your videos from start to finish; Ensuring sustainability in your video
Session 5: Creating Effective Engagement Opportunities on Livestreams (FB / IG)
- Is FB Live worth an investment and a study of ‘Live’ trends
- Identifying the cheap and expensive ways to produce FB Live content
- Types of FB live videos
- Types of IG live engagement
- Case studies