How Can Brands Win Over Hearts & Minds By Unlocking the Power of Stories?
We live in a world where information is widely available. The pandemic has further fuelled the acceleration in media consumption and altered the ways of communication fundamentally. In this new uncharted territory, many brands are strategising how to maintain transparency and authenticity in their brand narrative.
With the space loaded with information, brands are now looking at how they should communicate so that their stories can cut through the clutter, engage and inspire their audience and key stakeholders in time of crisis. How should brands then leverage brand stories that are fresh and relevant to connect and build trust with their audience?
Cracking the Code on Meaningful Brand Stories for Greater Impact
Join this interactive 3-day live broadcast workshop led by Andy Wilson, Head of Strategy from BBDO Asia, to examine the strategy behind creating a powerful brand story that resonates with consumers. Learn from the greatest storytellers and pick up useful tips that you can apply to your brand narrative instantly. Find a brand purpose and communicate your brand story effectively. Develop your brand storytelling strategy in an engaging and relevant manner. Discover how to leverage Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and TikTok when telling stories. Measure the effectiveness of your brand story with the right measurement framework.
A Fully Immersive Virtual Workshop Experience
Hear LIVE presentation on leading case studies and common challenges Get real-time answers to your questions throughout the workshop Interact with like-minded professionals for dynamic exchange of ideas In-depth sharing during
1-hour intimate group discussion on Day 3
Gain access to full workshop materials and handout
- Led by Andy Wilson, Head of Strategy, BBDO Asia, with over 18 years of strategic planning and communications experience across the region
- In-depth analysis of different brand storytelling strategies and case studies across various industries
- Interactive exercises to find, build and improve your brand story:
- Identifying your personal story
- Unlocking the power of story in your brand
- Representing your plans as a story
- Keeping your stories contextualised and relevant
- Scripting and telling stories on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and TikTok
Benefits of Attending
- Learn techniques to keep brand stories relatable and meaningful
- Connect different story elements across the consumer journey
- Evaluate brand stories holistically with the right framework
- Apply the different types of metrics: Media metrics, brand health, ad recall
- Examine how stories work and how to be flexible in adapting good stories
- Assess the different brand archetypes and find your brand voice
- Enrich your brand strategy with insights from storytelling
- Identify the arena, players and the conflict of your brand story
- Learn how to present brand storytelling strategies in an engaging manner
- Pick up winning tips on keeping brand stories relevant and fresh
- Discover the importance of context in your story for better relevance
- Adopt listening tools to understand your audience and pulse of culture
- Uncover the difference between formats – long form vs short form stories
Andy Wilson has lived and worked in Asia for seventeen years. He is the Head of Strategy for BBDO Asia, leading planners across the region and developing innovative and effective communications strategies.
Andy runs the strategy department for BBDO across Asia, which includes +100 planners across 12 offices, and is ultimately responsible for the quality of the strategic thinking and effectiveness of our campaigns. He leads strategic planning for some of BBDO’s largest clients in the region, including Amorepacific and AIA.
Prior to joining BBDO twelve years ago, Andy worked at Ogilvy for six years, in Jakarta, Tokyo and Singapore.
Before Andy moved to Asia he worked for a number of brand consultancy and research houses in London during the 1990’s. Andy is a graduate of Oxford University where he studied philosophy, psychology, and anthropology.
BBDO achievements under Andy’s leadership:
Network of the Year (APAC Effies) – 2016 & 2017
Network of the Year (Tangrams) – 2015 & 2017
APAC Planner of the Year (Campaign Asia) – 2012 & 2015
Jury member (Tangrams) – 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
Jury member (APAC Effies) – 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020
Chairman, Effectiveness Jury (Adfest) – 2015
Who Should Attend
Mid to senior level executives responsible for Branding, Marketing, Communications, Social Media, Digital Storytelling
Log-in Time: 8.50 am*
Day 1-2: 9.00 am – 1.00 pm* (There will be short breaks allocated at appropriate intervals.)
Day 3: Intimate group discussion between 9.00am – 1.00pm*
*Time stated in local Singapore time.
Day 01 & 02
Session 1: Introduction to The Power of Stories
- The history of storytelling
- Stories change the world
- How stories work
- What can we learn from the greatest storytellers?
- The flexibility of storytelling
Exercise: What’s your personal story?
Session 2: Defining Your Organisation and Brand as a Story
- Brand purpose as a story
- Introduction to brand archetypes
- Enriching your brand strategy with insights from storytelling
Exercise: Unlocking the power of story in your brand
Session 3: Developing Your Strategy as a Story
- Identifying the arena, players and the conflict
- Different strategies need different stories
- Presenting your strategies and plans in an engaging way
Exercise: Representing your plans as a story
Session 4: Keeping Your Stories Relevant and Fresh
- The importance of context
- Listening to your audience
- Listening to the pulse of culture
Exercise: How has the context to my brand story changed?
Session 5: Telling Your Stories on Different Media Platforms
- The different roles of long form vs short form stories
- What makes a story shareable?
- Storytelling that leverages the medium/technology
- Techniques to keep your stories relevant
- Connecting story elements across consumer journeys
Extended exercise: Scripting and telling stories
Session 6: Measuring and Improving Your Brand Stories
- Telling the right stories vs telling your stories right
- How to evaluate your stories holistically with the right measurement framework
- Applying different types of metrics (media metrics, brand health, ad recall, etc.)
Session 7: Wrap Up and Final Actions
There will be 1-hour intimate group discussion with the workshop leaders on Day 3. This in-depth and interactive discussion session will provide delegates the opportunity to ask questions from the content covered in the preceding days or focus on specific brand storytelling questions/challenges from their own organisation. More details will be given nearer to the date.