Create Unique & Captivating Storytelling Experiences on Social Media
Stories are universal, and are very much part of our daily lives. People want to connect to the stories they are told. However, establishing a credible and inspiring voice in a time when rumours and emotions are at an all-time high is not an easy task. Creating experiential brand stories is key, where the brand narrative captures not only the attention, but also the hearts and minds of customers.
In a world overloaded with content online, where a customer’s attention is in heavy demand, how can brand cut through the clutter, get the message across and influence readers on social media?
Don’t Lose the Plot: Craft Brand Stories that Inspire, Influence & Create Impact
Join this 3-day dynamic virtual workshop to examine the strategy behind crafting powerful brand stories that resonate with audiences on social media. Uncover the purpose and role of storytelling. Examine the Social Media Strategy Framework to decode great social brand stories. Adopt tips and tools to discover useful market and consumer insights using social listening tools in the market. Learn how to bring stories to life with technology and experiences. Leverage your brand archetype to integrate the story with experiences. Analyse the different levels of experience design and their impacts. Evolve your brand stories across the different stages of user journey and learn how to tell one story on different social platforms. Set the right measurement framework to measure the right objectives.
A Fully Immersive Virtual Workshop Experience
Hear LIVE presentation on leading case studies and common challenges Get real-time answers to your questions throughout the workshop Interact with like-minded professionals for dynamic exchange of ideas In-depth sharing during
1-hour intimate group discussion on Day 3
Gain access to full workshop materials and handout
Stories, Feelings and the Social Connection Between Brands and Consumers
Identify your audience, purpose and relevant KPIs for your brand story
Decode Great Brand Stories on Social Media
Uncover what makes a brand story work on different social platforms
Find a Great Spark to Create a Great Story
Gather consumer insights with data and social listening tools
Make Your Brand Story Social and Experiential
Evolving from consumer communication to community co-creation
Case studies: The evolution of Dove, Nike, Netflix, KFC
Weave a Captivating Storyline for Social Audiences
Develop a unique personality and a point of view for your brand
Brand demonstrations includes (not limited to): Burger King, Old Spice, Maro, SKII
Experience Design – Create Meaningful Social Brand Experiences
Design a meaningful and seamless consumer experience via journey mapping
Case studies: DHL, Innisfree and more
The More Relevant The Story, The Better The Results
The great brand story scorecard – 6 judging criteria and best practices for each criteria
One Story, Multiple Platforms
The art of social storytelling: Paid, owned and earned, social platform features, influencer strategy
Measuring and Optimising For Success
Examine useful analytic tools: Facebook Insights, Google Analytics and social listening tools
Benefits of Attending
- Discover the purpose, role and impact of brand storytelling in building connections
- Uncover the storytelling evolution of Dove, Nike, Netflix, KFC – from stories to 360 customer experience
- Learn how to obtain consumer insights: Google trends, Facebook Insights, The 7Y Approach
- Examine insights people relate to with the latest social listening tools available in the market
- Craft brand identity using the 12 Archetypes with brand demo from Burger King, Old Spice, SKII
- Find an opportunity, create solutions then build an ecosystem with lessons learnt from DHL, Innisfree
- Gain insights into how to tap into other brands to enrich your narrative and expand your reach
- Assess how to strike a balance between emotional and rational in your brand story
- Explore how to tell stories across social media platforms, from visual to interactive storytelling
- Decode the art of social storytelling: Paid, owned, earned, influencer strategy, social platforms
- Measure and optimise your brand stories using analytic tools: Google Analytics, Facebook Insights
For over a decade Nathan has worked for the advertising industry in Europe, China and Hong Kong. From conceptualizing award-winning marketing campaigns to creating innovative UX/UI experiences for a wide array of sectors, he has led the creative on projects for Swire Hotels, J.P. Morgan, Hong Kong Tourism Board, Vidal Sassoon, ANA and Melco Crown Entertainment.
Mainly skilled in the development of big ideas and visual design, Nathan has also teamed up with clients such as Nike, LEGO, Hugo Boss, Estée Lauder, P&G, ASUS, Jägermeister, Hong Kong Land, Las Vegas Sands, HSBC, Volkswagen and McDonald’s.
Wing has 10+ years consultancy and in-house experience on digital, across digital marketing solution design and implementation, digital transformation consultation, data analytics, customer experience design and omni-commerce solutions design. Wing worked at Accenture and served for various APAC and GC accounts from strategic planning to execution, including L’Oréal Group, Disney, Mercedes Benz, Hang Seng Bank, etc.
Before joining dentsu International, Wing worked at FedEx and built a start-up providing omni-commerce solutions. Her experiences have made her equipped with knowledge across different data analytics tools, strategic planning, marketing automation solutions and project management.
Originally from Malaysia and having lived in Beijing for 7 years, Yee Ching now works in Hong Kong at dentsu International. She has served a mix of accounts from FMCGs to Automotive, F&B, Financial Services and Consumer Retail such as Nivea, Audi, BMW, Mattel, Vita, Manulife, and livi, one of Hong Kong’s first virtual bank.
Yee Ching started out her career at a local digital agency, focusing on social media. She climbed from a junior digital strategist to assistant digital manager and was fortunate to win her first few awards for the agency. She is now a senior strategist and her latest work for Manulife Hong Kong has won the Tangrams digital strategy awards.
Who Should Attend
Professionals responsible for Branding, Digital Marketing, Communications, Social Media, Outreach, Engagement as well as anyone who is involved in using narrative to connect the brand with customers.
Log-in Time: 8.50 am*
Day 1 & 2: 9.00 am – 1.00 pm* (There will be short breaks allocated at appropriate intervals.)
Day 3: Intimate group discussion between 9.00am – 1.00pm*
*Time stated in local Singapore time.
Session 1: Stories, Feelings and the Social Connection Between Brands and Consumers
- The science behind why people love a good story
- The purpose and role of storytelling
- The impact of Brand Narrative
- Who is your audience and why?
- When is a story successful?
Session 2: Decode Great Brand Stories on Social Media
- What makes a brand story work on social media?
- The Social Media Strategy Framework
- Deep dive into the mechanics of proven brand stories with case studies
Session 3: Find a Great Spark to Create a Great Story
- The difference between facts and insights
- Tips and tools to discover market and consumers insights
- Obtaining consumer insights and where to find them:
- Google trends
- Facebook Insights
- The 7 Questions Approach
- Data tools which big brands use for discovering market and consumer insights
- Social listening tools in the market
Session 4: Make Your Brand Story Social and Experiential
- Storytelling Evolution – from stories to 360 customer experience
- Deep dive into Brand Storytelling Ecosystem Framework
- How to bring stories to life with technology and experiences
- Evolving from consumer communication to community co-creation
- Case studies: The evolution of Dove, Nike, Netflix, KFC
Session 5: Weave a Captivating Storyline for Social Audiences
- Have a unique personality and a point of view
- Brand identity: The 12 Archetypes
- How to leverage your brand archetype to integrate the story with the experiences
- Brand demonstrations includes (not limited to): Burger King, Old Spice, Maro, SKII
Session 6: Experience Design - Create Meaningful Social Brand Experiences
- Understanding the different levels of experience design and their impacts
- Design a meaningful and seamless consumer experience via journey mapping
- An opportunity vs a solution
- Stories and touchpoints – the Ecosystem
- Tap into other brands to enrich your narrative and expand your reach
- Case studies: DHL, Innisfree and more
Session 7: The More Relevant The Story, The Better The Results
- Evolve your brand stories across the different stages of user journey
- How to strike a balance between emotional and rational in your brand story
- The great brand story scorecard – 6 judging criteria and best practices for each criteria
Session 8: One Story, Multiple Platforms
- How to tell stories across different social platforms
- Looking into the latest digital trends – platforms, technologies and formats
- From visual to interactive storytelling
- The art of social storytelling:
- Paid, owned and earned (Social channels and roles)
- Using social platform features to co-create your brand stories
- Influencer strategy
Session 9: Measuring and Optimising For Success
- Setting the right measurement framework to measure the right objectives
- Useful analytic tools:
- Facebook Insights
- Social listening tools
- Google Analytics
There will be 1-hour intimate group discussion sessions with the workshop leaders on Day 3. This in-depth and interactive session will provide delegates with the opportunity to ask questions regarding the learnings from Day 1 and 2, and/or any specific challenge on social media brand storytelling within their organisation. More details will be given nearer to the date.