Inspiring and practical. Really enjoyed and learnt a lot.
Can your Videos Grab Attention in 5 Seconds?
Making videos that deliver key brand messages, engaging audience to watch till the end, driving them to share on social media – How do you capture the short attention span of your audience through compelling videos produced with limited resources?
Acquire Strategies & Techniques to Create Low Budget, High Engagement Videos
Join this 2-day workshop to develop a video content strategy and master techniques and tools to create engaging videos on social media platforms for maximum impact. Discover the thought process behind conceptualising fresh content ideas and story angles aligned with your brand messages. Through hands-on exercises, gain actionable insights into video scripting, storyboarding, filming and editing to bring your ideas to life. Put into practice what you’ve learnt to shoot a social media video and receive expert critique on the strengths and areas for improvement.
Walk away with Practical Learning through Fun, Interactive Hands-on Activities:
- Engage in simulating group discussion to brainstorm for ideas that will excite your audience
- Practise writing your own script and creating a storyboard and receive tailored feedback
- Explore different filming techniques and how to shoot good quality videos using a mobile phone
- Live demonstration of the editing process to bring raw footage together into a finished video
Critical building blocks of good visual storytelling
How to maintain a consistent brand identity?
Techniques, tips and tricks, hands-on practice
Latest free platforms and mobile applications
Functions, strengths, weaknesses of editing software
Benefits of Attending
- Examine and assess latest video features: Facebook Live, Instagram Videos, 360 videos etc.
- Gain insights into how to create engaging videos that communicate brand messages effectively
- Determine the right filming technique: Dutch angle, bird’s eye, extreme close-up, high angle etc.
- Discover how to create different styles of film to give your video the right mood and pace
- Dive deep into the actual production process and learn to set a realistic budget and timeline
- Study the basic video editing steps and concepts and learn to choose the right music and audio
- Analyse and compare different video editing software: Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premier, iMovie etc.
- Get access to free and paid sources of audio, film template, typography, graphics and more
- Discuss engaging or boring videos to identify the critical success factors and pitfalls to avoid
- Learn practical skills in video scripting, storyboarding through group hands-on exercises
- Decipher what it takes to make videos that will excite audience and achieve reach and success
With over 15 years’ experience in film, advertising, TV and publishing across the UK, USA and Asia, Neal is an experienced content producer, consultant, writer and voice over artist.
Neal co-founded award-winning content agency Click2View and as the Executive Content Director, has directed and led video marketing campaigns for global brands including Visa, Canon, Cisco, Citibank, Google, AIA, Panasonic, Ben & Jerry’s, HSBC, Singtel, Kuehne + Nagel, Motul, Amadeus, and more.
Client work examples include Visa’s ‘Solo Traveller’ campaign – a series of live travel blogging and documentaries garnering 250,000 views across Facebook, Twitter, blogs and LinkedIn; and Ben & Jerry’s ‘We Make It All Better’ campaign – fun, unique and animated social media videos which achieved 12 times the average organic engagement rate.
What Past Delegates have Said
Clear, concise, everything on the syllabus was covered.
Excellent speaker/trainer who shares very honest opinions and experiences.
The workshop has enabled me, coached me and given me the confidence for pre to post production.
Who Should Attend
Senior Level Executives responsible for Video, Content, Social Media, Digital, Marketing, Branding and Communications. No prior technical knowledge of video production required.
Session 1: What makes Powerful Visual Storytelling?
- What is visual storytelling?
- Understanding the critical building blocks of good visual storytelling
- Stunning brand examples of visual storytelling done on a limited budget
- Failed case studies of videos gone wrong: Lessons learnt and pitfalls to avoid
Session 2: Developing a Video Content Strategy
- Examining the latest video features: Facebook Live, Instagram Stories, 360 Videos
- What does it take to make videos that excite consumers and get them talking?
- Critical success factors and pitfalls to avoid when developing a video marketing strategy
- How to create engaging videos that successfully communicate brand messages
- How to maintain a consistent brand identity across video marketing campaigns
- Conceptualising video content that grabs audience attention: Assessing the thought process
- Strategies to create short, concise video for social platforms: Tips and tricks
- Hands-on exercise: Developing stories and angles for your videos
Session 3: Storyboarding & Video Scripting
- Steps to create a storyboard for your video shoot
- Developing your video script: Techniques, tips, tricks
- Group hands-on exercise: Creating a storyboard
- Receive critique on your storyboard: Strengths and areas for improvement
- Group hands-on exercise: Writing a script for your video
- Receive critique on your script: Strengths and areas for improvement
Session 4: Bringing your Story to Life — Video Filming with Limited Budget & Resources
- Setting a realistic budget and timeline
- How to create different styles of film and give the film the right mood and pace
- How to select the right filming technique for your social media videos: Dutch angle, bird’s eye, extreme close-up, high angle etc.
- How to shoot videos using mobile phones
- Latest free platforms and mobile applications for video production
- Group hands-on exercise: Shooting a video using a mobile phone
- Receive critique on your video shoot: Strengths and areas for improvement
Session 5: Video Editing Basics
- Understanding video editing steps and concepts
- Examining the basic concepts and functions of editing software
- Analysing the strengths vs. weaknesses of different video editing software: Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premier, iMovie
- What are the free software and mobile applications for video editing?
- Creating video effects: Choosing the right music and audio (mood, pacing, audience)
- Free and paid sources: Audio, film template, typography, graphics
- Bringing raw footage together: Live demonstration of editing process
Session 6: Creating a Social Video
In this final session, participants will film a social media video and put into practice the various tools, apps and techniques learnt over the past 2 days. You will receive expert critique on your video including strengths and areas for improvement.
Don’t miss the chance to also bring along videos that you find engaging or boring and analyse the critical success factors and pitfalls to avoid.