Thoroughly engaging and exciting, but also concise and practical. Love the bit where the class is encouraged to challenge ideas.
Also happening in Kuala Lumpur: 17 – 18 August 2020
What Makes a Successful Video?
A story that commands attention, delivers brand message and appeals to a wide audience.
Capturing the perfect shots and seamless editing to piece the story together.
Selecting the appropriate channels, amplifying videos reach and exposure.
The workings behind an effective video may seem daunting, but it produces immense results.
Create Engaging Videos from Scratch, In-House
Join us at this 2-day workshop to formulate a killer video content strategy and acquire skills to produce compelling videos on social media platforms, within budget constraints. Understand the workings behind a shareable video that encapsulates your brand message. Experience the entire start-to-end process of video production through practical exercises on storyboarding, video scripting, filming and editing. Cement your learning by creating your own social media video, and receive expert critique on strengths and areas for improvement.
Practical Learning through Interactive Hands-on Activities:
- Engage in stimulating group discussions to brainstorm for ideas that will excite your audience
- Write your own script and creating a storyboard, and receive tailored feedback
- Explore different filming techniques and learn to shoot good quality videos using a mobile phone
- Live demonstration of the editing process to bring raw footage together into a finished video
Critical building blocks of good visual storytelling
Delivering brand messages in a concise manner
Techniques, tips and tricks, hands-on practice
Latest free platforms and mobile applications
Functions, strengths, weaknesses of editing software
Benefits of Attending
- Examine and assess latest video features: Facebook Live, Instagram Stories, 360 Videos
- Understand critical success factors and pitfalls to avoid in a video marketing strategy
- Dissect the anatomy of a shareable video that communicates brand messages effectively
- Acquire practical skills in video scripting, storyboarding through group hands-on exercises
- Take away tips and tricks to produce short and concise videos for social media platforms
- Learn to develop a storyboard and video script that seamlessly weaves in your brand message
- Select the right filming technique: Dutch angle, bird’s eye, extreme close-up, high angle and more
- Maximise your budget – learn to film with mobile phones and free applications for video production
- Analyse the strengths and weaknesses of editing software: Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premier, iMovie
- Create impactful video effects by selecting the right music and audio to set mood and pace
- Discover free and paid sources for your video efforts: Audio, film templates, typography, graphics
Founder, Moore's Lore Media,
Former CEO, Click2View &
Head of Content & Business Development, Beach House Pictures
Neal is a content strategist and creator with 20 years’ experience in TV, publishing, advertising and film across the UK, USA and Asia, where he is currently based. Trained originally as an actor then as a journalist, Neal co-founded Click2View, Singapore’s first dedicated content marketing agency in 2010, where he produced video marketing campaigns for world class brands including AIA, Ben & Jerry’s, Canon, Cisco, Citibank, Google, HSBC, Panasonic, Singtel and Visa.
Client work examples include Visa’s ‘Solo Traveller’ campaign featuring influencer-led travel documentaries that garnered hundreds of thousands of views across social media; and Ben & Jerry’s ‘We Make It All Better’ campaign featuring animated social media videos that achieved 12 times the average organic engagement rate.
In May 2017, Neal sold his stake in the agency and spent a year writing, developing and producing two short films, a sitcom, and a podcast series, with a feature still in the works. Ever the entrepreneur, he also founded Moore’s Lore Media – Content Strategy & Storytelling Solutions, which helps people and organisations define their narrative and share it with the world online, on-screen and on stage at www.mooreslore.com.
What Past Delegates Liked Most
Neal is engaging and experienced. Programme is well-planned and ran smoothly.
You do not have to possess an expensive gadget to enable good and cheap content.
All the tips and information and the dos and don’ts when producing a video or planning to make a video.
Who Should Attend
Senior Level Executives responsible for Video, Content, Social Media, Digital, Marketing, Branding and Communications. No prior technical knowledge of video production required.
Registration: 8.30am • Workshop: 9.00am – 5.00pm
Morning, afternoon refreshments & lunch will be served at appropriate intervals.
Session 1: What makes Powerful Visual Storytelling?
- What is visual storytelling?
- Understanding the critical building blocks of good visual storytelling
- Stunning brand examples of visual storytelling done on a limited budget
- Failed case studies of videos gone wrong: Lessons learnt and pitfalls to avoid
Session 2: Developing a Video Content Strategy
- Examining the latest video features: Facebook Live, Instagram Stories, 360 Videos
- What does it take to make videos that excite consumers and get them talking?
- Critical success factors and pitfalls to avoid when developing a video marketing strategy
- How to create engaging videos that successfully communicate brand messages
- How to maintain a consistent brand identity across video marketing campaigns
- Conceptualising video content that grabs audience attention: Assessing the thought process
- Strategies to create short, concise video for social platforms: Tips and tricks
- Hands-on exercise: Developing stories and angles for your videos
Session 3: Storyboarding & Video Scripting
- Steps to create a storyboard for your video shoot
- Developing your video script: Techniques, tips, tricks
- Group hands-on exercise: Creating a storyboard
- Receive critique on your storyboard: Strengths and areas for improvement
- Group hands-on exercise: Writing a script for your video
- Receive critique on your script: Strengths and areas for improvement
Session 4: Bringing your Story to Life—Video Filming with Limited Budget & Resources
- Setting a realistic budget and timeline
- How to create different styles of film and give the film the right mood and pace
- How to select the right filming technique for your social media videos: Dutch angle, bird’s eye, extreme close-up, high angle etc.
- How to shoot videos using mobile phones
- Latest free platforms and mobile applications for video production
- Group hands-on exercise: Shooting a video using a mobile phone
- Receive critique on your video shoot: Strengths and areas for improvement
Session 5: Video Editing Basics
- Understanding video editing steps and concepts
- Examining the basic concepts and functions of editing software
- Analysing the strength vs. weakness of different video editing software: Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premier, iMovie
- What are the free software and mobile applications for video editing?
- Creating video effects: Choosing the right music and audio (mood, pacing, audience)
- Free and paid sources: Audio, film template, typography, graphics
- Bringing raw footage together: Live demonstration of editing process
Session 6: Creating a Social Video
In this final session, participants will film a social media video and put into practice the various tools, apps and techniques learnt over the past 2 days. You will receive expert critique on your video including strengths and areas for improvement.
Don’t miss the chance to also bring along videos that you find engaging or boring and analyse the critical success factors and pitfalls to avoid.