Identify, Measure and Predict Risks from Data –Driven Insights
Big data is changing the way businesses are run today. With today’s global state of play between data, rising stakeholder expectations and evolving risk profiles, risk executives are expected to leverage onto continuous data-driven insights to better identify, evaluate and prioritize risk profiles.
Do you know how to select the cost-effective analytics tools?
Can you ensure data quality, reliability and integrity?
Are you aware of the implementation pitfalls & mitigation measures?
Align your Data from Ground Up for Effective Risk Management
Join this 2-day practical workshop to kick start your analytics journey in risk management. Understand how to identify, view, understand and manage risks with data-driven insights to back critical business decisions. Pick up data governance and lifecycle frameworks- collect the right data and ensure data quality, integrity and reliability. Understand the risks and pitfalls to avoid when embarking on your analytics journey. Choose the right analytics tool to provide descriptive trend-based analytical insights in reports to value-add stakeholders.
- Case studies across industries
- Industry benchmark using assessments on Data Maturity, Data Impact & more
- Risk & Benefits Analysis of top free & paid analytics tools
- Lessons learnt from risk analytics implementation journeys
- Half-day hands-on session on implementing analytics
Benefits of Attending
- Examine high level drivers for businesses to adopt best in-breed analytics
- Realize various key risks to organizations with a Data Maturity Assessment
- Pick up practical steps on how to identify and collect the right type of data
- Learn how data management underpin business processes and effectiveness
- Ensure data quality, reliability & integrity through Data Management Lifecycle
- Explore best practices on tools used for a sound Data Governance program
- Hear key considerations and benefits of using various core types of analytics
- Identify & mitigate both unknown and known risks when implementing analytics
- Evaluate which analytics tool is best suited for your organisation’s needs
- Gain insights on top free & paid analytics tools such as SQL, Power BI & more
- Adopt effective tips on using dashboards, reporting formats & data visualisations
- Embark on your risk analytics journey with effective change methodologies
- Practice using tools and methods to identify, support & implement analytics capability
Simon specialises in analytics data governance and ITIL. With roots in governance, root cause analysis and management, Simon has a broad range of analytics and data skills sets.
Simon has led multiple analytics and data engagements, in both private and public sectors across a range of industries from Defence to Agriculture. His focus has been in analytics and data management to aid organisations in best practice governance and implementation, setting business users up for success and providing longevity of solutions.
He also has a background is development, supported by his previous work as a software engineer working with C#, SQL and Python.
Who Should Attend
Senior level executives responsible for Risk Management, I.T Audit, Internal Audit
Registration: 8.30am • Workshop: 9.00am – 5.00pm
Morning, afternoon refreshments & lunch will be served at appropriate intervals.
Session 1: Global State of Play
Understanding globally the current picture of Data and Analytics, its foundations and how ready you, your team or organisation are to transform business and move towards data driven outcomes.
Current Global trends in data and analytics
- High level drivers for organisations to adopt best-in-breed analytics
- Self-Assessed Data Maturity Assessment
- Discussion on outcomes and key risks to organisations
Session 2: Data and its Importance
Underpinning organisations effectiveness in the use of data for outcomes requires an understanding of data and its importance.
- What is data and how do we identify it
- How to understand its importance
- EXERCISE – Data impact assessment
- How business processes are integral to data
Session 3: Data Governance and Lifecycle
To ensure data is right from the ground up, aligned to global standards and frameworks
- What is a Data Management Lifecycle (quality, reliability and integrity)?
- EXERCISE – Data Maturity Assessment, where does your team/organisation stand?
- What is Data Governance?
- How do I know what to use?
Session 4: Machine Learning or AI or RPA or...
As advancements in analytics continue to increase in pace, understanding terminology and outcomes is integral to business outcomes.
- What is AI?
- Core types of Analytics (Predictive, Decision, Descriptive, Prescriptive)
- How do I benefit from implementing each?
- How do I understand what I should use or buy?
Session 5: Implementation Risk and Issues
A large majority of ICT implementations run overtime and budget, due to varying factors, why and how can we try to prevent this from happening?
- Know what business problem you are trying to solve
- Understand your stakeholders (internal and external)
- Identify all the risks and issues (unknowns and knowns)
- Mitigate project risks and issues
Session 6: Analytics Tools (Trend Analysis and Risk Mitigation) - Freeware vs Paid
The market is flooded with software and hardware to support analytics in varying degrees of complexity, cost and effectiveness. Understanding what these look like, what are some risks involved with their use and how ICT project can mitigate these.
- Explanation of top 5 Free and Paid analytics tools
- Power BI
- Python (Final Day exercise – predictive analytics)
- Azure Analytics Service
- AWS Analytics
- Google Analytics
- Risk analysis of analytics tools
- Implementation mitigations and recommendations
EXERCISE – Business requirements definition for Analytics tools
- Explanation of top 5 Free and Paid analytics tools
Session 7: Analytics Dashboards (Visualisations and Reporting)
Reporting is integral to understanding a business and their outcomes, but understanding when a report is needed versus wanted is key to ensuring correct performance metrics are measured.
- What do organisations NEED to report on?
- How to manage business needs versus wants?
- Best in breed analytic reporting tools
- What is needed to get value out of reports?
EXERCISE – Does this report actually advise on my business and its outcomes?
Session 8: Organisational Management and Data's Influence
Organisations often can overlook the value of organisational management and the importance of taking a team on a journey towards beneficial outcomes.
- The importance of a vision
- Communicating benefits of the change
- Change methodologies
- Top tips for effective change management
Session 9: HANDS ON EXERCISE – Journey to Implanting Data Analytics
Using tools, methods and information from the session, we will go through how best to identify, support and implement an analytics capability.
- What is the problem?
- What issue/risks do we foresee?
- Do we have the right data?
- Is the organisation ready?
- What tool should we use?